According to NPR, despite a reputation for bland, institutional fare, hundreds of retirement communities around the nation now tout their restaurant-like dining experiences, with food that is fresh, local and cooked from scratch.
The importance of food to our daily life and its central position in quality of life programming is one of the reasons Community Crier Social Software offers a dining module. Our dining page offers easy to use, full function services to streamline work for food directors and provide one-stop, user friendly information for residents.
- Food directors, chefs, dining hall staff can:
- post daily menus in a central, easy to access, online forum
- make last minutes changes and updates with a few key strokes
- pre-load set menus and set active dates to streamline work flow
- upload photos or maps to dining locations
- Residents can
- easily find the information they need to make dining choices
- check-in on menu selections without having to call multiple locations or bother staff
- send themselves a reminder or email friends an invite to join them for dinner directly from the menu listing